Saturday, 5 November 2011

My Trailer/Development

This post will be all about my trailer, how I develop and edit each scene. I will be print screening my feedback and what camera angels, editing techniques and any changes I make throughout this process.


 First Draft
Editor: David Blanchard
Camera man: David Blanchard
Director: David Blanchard
Producer: David Blanchard
Actor 1: Paris Ayres
Actor 2: Elaura maher
Actor 3: Megan Ellis
Actor 4: Katie flecter
Extras: Rebecca Loveday. David Blanchard
Ghost: Rebekka Cooper





Camera angels and camera shots:

long shot- To exstablish the creepy house that they live in/ to set the scene.


close up - eye level


Long shot- high angle - Again to exstablish the scene, very dark while they are doing the richulal; to show horror i used a high angle shot- to look down on them, making them feel small and to look small as they are sitting down. Looking down on them makes them look vunrable and weak, to also make the audience feel uneased as they cannot see the cast well/all of the cast.


Long shot- eye level- "flash back" into the past or future is used to show the ghost is awakened, filmed at an eye level to make the audience feel like they are observing/seeing the ghost through there eyes. Long shot used to set the scene of her walking down the stairs.


medium shot- eye level- Medium shot used so you can see in detail what is happening, plates falling onto the floor while they are chanting; to show paranormal activity is going on in the house.

Close up - eye level - The audience already know the scene, what they are doing and what they are chanting; so a close up is used so the audience can now focus on the pacific characters and to get fermillier with the characters before watching the film.

Medium shot - slightly tilted - A medium shot used, to exstablish the fact that she is outside- but not showing in much detail where she actually is or why. Slightly titled and looking down on her making her feel small and weak, also to make the audience feel uneasied with the slightly titled camera.

Medium shot - eye level - jump cut used - Medium shot again used to show the scene is outside, but not much of the scene or where she is. Filmed at eye level to again make it look like she is walking towards "you" or "someone".


Exstream close up - eye level- To not show detail of who the actor is and to just show blood dripping from them. It was filmed at eye level to again make the audience feel like they are looking straight at the actor.


Medium shot - eye level

High angel shot - using zoom lenses to zoom in- High angle shot used, to draw attention  of the audience into the scene with zooming in closer to the window. Making it feel like the house is being watched (why i used a high angle shot aswell)

Low angel shot - jump cut used several times (jump cut to a close up of a photo of a little girl which i used a black and white effect) then back to her walking down the stairs, jump cuts used again her going back up the stairs then quickly down... speeding up the shots using the macs (slow or fast)







This is my first draft of my trailer, I feel that it follows the codes and conventions of a horror trailer, with an opening scene of girls "calling" for the ghost...then weird things start to happen. I have split up each clip and added other clips in like smashing plates in between each scene of someone calling for the ghost- to keep the audiences interested and to make it fast pace/jumpy. I have used a variety of camera angles and shots but can be improved to a more wider variety. I have used a lot of jump cuts to make the trailer much more jumpy which works very well. Also have added sound effects like screams, sound of thunder, sound of a camera/clock/owl but have not yet made a soundtrack or added in my production company/title of my film. The only problems are that it is a bit short (40seconds when should be 60-90) and not much sound used, so I need to film a bit more and edit better/add sound. Also another problem is I haven't used many transitions from one scene to another- just used a basic straight cut, some scenes it works but this is another thing I need to look into.

I have not sure weather to add in subtitles throughout my film like "this Halloween night" "must see 5 ***** daily mirror" etc during my trailer- or to do a voice over. I think I will try each idea and see which one works better- or include a bit of both.
Also feel I need to add in a bit more "explaining scenes" of the girls talking and explaining what there going to do, hunt for the ghost etc... or to use a voice-over. I will go away and do all these ideas and put them on my blog/social networking sites to get feedback on which works better.


Feedback:
Facebook:


                                                                 





                                                                      Youtube



                                                                           Twitter




Improvements:












I have cropped this scene on the macs so it focuses more on the ONE eye, when in the first version you can see more of the second eye.


                                       Quote from my trailer, linking with the quote from my poster, so audiences easily recognise my film, by associating both quotes together linking to my trailer/film.


2nd draft



What I have done:

No comments:

Post a Comment