- I really like my trailer, I feel that it looks like a real trailer and does draw in a lot of people attention when I show them it; also get more positive feedback than negivite. I really like the style of the trailer with everything linking together. having short clips of holy things such as kneckless, a bath running (water) also having a short clip of a house etc helps draw in attention from the start...leading into the main bit of the trailer (them chanting)- then showing flashs of the ghost and bad things happening etc using different techniques and editing cuts to vary my techniques and keep the audience interested. Also spliting up scenes such as; them chanting and the plates smashing, keeps my audience interested to watch the whole of my trailer to find the conclusion to what happens AFTER they summom a ghost etc. My main aim for the trailer was to make the clips short and quick, showing horror and making it jumpy! - from my feedback I can see its done exactly that.
- With my poster I feel that it looks like a real poster and follow codes and conventions. Its very eye catching and well layed out in the same order that a real poster is. I have added my own thing to it challenging the usual codes and conventions by adding in facebook/twitter and a website onto the poster to make it link to my audience (teenagers) as they are all on social networking sites and on the internet all the time (knowing and being a teenager myself). If I had to change one thing about my poster it would be the "elaura maher" "katie fletcher" writing undernieth the eye writen in white; iv had very mixed feedback about this some say it works and some dont notice it at all. But while trialing different colours I found that no colour matches my colour scheme so I stuck with white- while in the feedback I got good and bad points this is the one thing I would now go back and change.
- Theories
- Stuart hall- who researched into decoding and encoding, I encoded my magazine so my consumer can decode it and relate to previous codes and conventions that they recognise within a magazine thus helping them make sense of my magazine and what im trying to portray as a genre, narrative and age range... helping me become a producer and a procumer as I encode my magazine while decoding other magazines- also can relate to my post.
- Levi strauss- helped me with my film trailer as he looks into creating conflict to drive the narrative forward (binary opposition), in my case using good/bad the protagonist/antagonist conflict to drive it forward.
- Todovous 5 part theory- equlibrium- set the scene, disruption- bad things happening (this is shown AFTER the recognition of distruption in my trailor confusing the audience as relating back to levi struass theory- the audience knows the girls are good, but they brought it on themselves to summon the demon/ghost), recognition of distruption- knowing somethings wrong, summoning the ghost round the candle. (out of his 5 part theory i feel i have used 3 steps within my trailer, and also understand of how the structure of a film works, he states on the 5th step of his theory there should be a new equlibirum to help there be a cliff hanger and or help there be sequel or even a trilogy. i couldnt have used all of 5 steps as my production was just a teaser trailer, i couldnt have used reinstallment of equlibrium as this would show the audience what will happen, which wouldnt entice the audience to watch my film.
- Vladimir Props- his 31 character types theory which showed a hero/villain/helper and other character types within the film and trailer- I wanted to challenge this convention by NOT showing my character types (by not focusing too much on one person), since making all my characters equally main characters it makes it harder for the audience to suggest who survives and who dies since the hero is normally one of the last people standing thus making my horror trailer more of the sub genre thriller
Supernatural thrillers usually have a twist and are very mysterious films, the narrative usuaslly focues on the protagonists point of view, examples like the ring... focusing on the protagonists creates this tension and mysterious film since the audience doesnt know why the antagonist is evil or doing the things they are doing, so its up to the protagonist to find out and solve the mystery (usual the main plots for supernatural thrillers, solving a mystorery or a quest) which makes us as concumers LIKE the protagonist and develop or even relate to the relationships surrounding the protagonist, this can relate to levi strauss binary opposition theory where conflict helps drive the narrative forward. This is basically what i have done within my film trailer- created tension within the trailer and a mystery that has to be solved by showing jumpcuts of the little girl ghost as a child etc and using symbolic codes such as wearing a white dress symbolising purity contrasting with her black hair making her stand out, also contrasting white/black which could relate to good/evil- may still be good left inside her, why is she doing evil things? all these questions i feel are raised by watching my trailer thus making it the subgenre supernatural thriller.
No comments:
Post a Comment